Bright Mind FAQ You ask – We answer!
What comes with my Bright Mind system?
Every Bright Mind system includes:
- A Bright Mind processor
- Photic Stim Glasses with microfiber sleeve
- All connecting cables plus charger
- A Bright Mind Manual
- A Bright Mind Tote Bag
- Customer Service
The Bright Mind system has a one year warranty. Keep processor and components away from moisture. You will find the Bright Mind system easy to use and portable. You can take Bright Mind anywhere!
How often can I use Bright Mind?
How young can a person be to use Bright Mind?
How long has light and sound technology been available?
The earliest record of light and sound, now described as brainwave entrainment (BWE) and Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) technology, goes back to the late 1800s when a French psychologist, Pierre Janet, noted that his patients appeared calmer after being exposed to a rotating strobe wheel illuminated by a lantern; he continued using this method as needed.
Continued research and advancements over the following decades lay the groundwork for this science:
- 1929: electrical activity could be recorded from the human brain
- 1934: the Berger rhythm (alpha waves) can be ampliﬁed by photic stimulation at the same frequency
- 1959: entrainment effects reported with an auditory stimulus
- 1975: BWE enhanced meditation
- 1980: research on the effects of BWE on pain, headaches, migraines, anxiety, and stress
- 1990: research on the effects of BWE to include learning and memory, ADHD, learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and PMS.
[Huang, T.L., & Charyton, C. (2008) A comprehensive review of the psychological effects of brainwave entrainment. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 14(5).]
Advancements in the knowledge of brainwave frequencies plus the technology needed for processors that set with highest accuracy the light and sound patterns algorithms brings us up to date with the Bright Mind System.
Is there research on the impact of light and sound technology, known as Brainwave Entrainment (BWE) or Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE)?
The following studies provide samples of current research.
- Standard treatments for mental or cognitive disorders do not work for everyone or have undesirable side effects. In fact, there are few or no satisfying solutions for many, including the 7% of children with learning disabilities. . . . A review of 20 studies on brainwave entrainment found that it is effective in improving cognition and behavioral problems, and alleviating stress and pain. [Huang, T.L., & Charyton, C. (2008) A comprehensive review of the psychological effects of brainwave entrainment.Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 14(5).]
- The results of a study on children withattention-deficit disorder found that AVE was more effective than neurofeedback for treating ADD symptoms. [Joyce M., & Siever, D. (2000) Audio-visual entrainment program as a treatment for behavior disorders in a school setting. Journal of Neurotherapy, 4(2), 9-15.]
- A migraine headache study involving seven migraine sufferers found that AVE sessions reduced migraine duration from a pretreatment average of six hours to a post-treatment average of 35 minutes. Measuring 50 of the participants’ migraines, 49 migraines decreased in severity and 36 were stopped when using AVE. [Anderson, D. (1989) The treatment of migraine with variable frequency photic stimulation.Headache, 29, 154-155.]
- A study found significant decreases in depression scores in participants after four weeks of using AVE. [Cantor, D.S. & Stevens, E. (2009) QEEG correlates of auditory-visual entrainment treatment efficacy of refractory depression.Journal of Neurotherapy, 13(2), 100-108.]
- A study used audio-visual entrainment devices on women suffering with seasonal affective disorder. Both depression and anxiety symptoms were reduced in participants, as compared to a placebo phase. Participants also reported improvements in their social lives, with increased happiness and sociability, decreased appetite, increased energy and weight loss. [Berg, K., & Siever, D. (2009) A controlled comparison of audio-visual entrainment for treating SAD. Journal of Neurotherapy, 13(3),166-175.]
How will Bright Mind change me?
Bright Mind light and sound technology is used to assist in regulating brain wave activity. This approach to brain exercise will help you be a better you!
Technology advancements offer non-invasive ways to improve well-being by influencing your brainwaves. The use of flashing lights assembled on glasses and pulsing tones through headphones can effect brainwave states. With regular use, the brain begins to mirror the frequencies that have been introduced through the technology.
You may have heard of the four basic brainwave states: beta, alpha, theta and delta. With a healthy brain the appropriate brainwave is naturally produced in any given situation. However different imbalances may cause improper brainwaves to be produced which interferes with the desired activity. This can have negative implications. For example, children with learning challenges may struggle with reading because the improper brainwaves are being activated. This occurs with a range of conditions from depression to insomnia to mental agility.
The idea that conditions and symptoms caused by improper brainwave production may be assisted with non-invasive approaches by introducing healthy brain wave patterns is capturing attention. And for good reason. We all want to feel our best and we want the same for people we care about.
What are the features of the Bright Mind unit that ensures high quality?
This is a light/sound system with a 32 bit processor which gives this technology extensive capability for future growth. As new programs are developed, these can be downloaded and added to the processor with an easy-to-use USB download capability. With Bright Mind . . .
- The frequencies and pitches are controlled precisely at 1/100 hertz accuracy.
- The balance control in both light and sound for users can be adjusted with different left/right visual/auditory sensitivity. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
- The separate control of frequency and pitch to left and right hemispheres, and the control of phase between signals at the same frequency is unique to this system.
- Unique algorithms offer sessions only found with this unit.
- The photic glasses can do hemi-fields, disentrainment and entrainment.
- The rechargeable lithium ion battery offers longer lasting performance and fast recharges; batteries last for one or two years, depending on use, before requiring a change.
- The large display provides easy user interface.
The solid metal case protects the equipment.